Monday, January 17, 2011

Life is Good

Life is good. The big kids are out of school today for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. They're currently outside listening to music and whittling green branches. Those little green branches remind me of Spring, which is just around the corner thank God! I just don't like winter. Little O is in his bed staring at his mobile. He thoroughly enjoys it as long as he has a full belly and a clean diaper. Today I took him outside for a bit. Even though it must be 70 degrees I still put a little jacket on him and a baseball cap. He was A-dorable. He just melts my heart all the time. Evan finished his reading fair project last night. He read an entire chapter book. That's a first and his Mama is entirely too proud! I can't wait for him to turn in his project and feel that pride. Azlynn was preparing a waffle for herself this morning and stood on a chair to wait on it. I walked in on her dancing in the chair. Yeah, bad idea! That girl of mine is the clumsiest child I've ever know. She was enjoying herself though. I have to smile at her because no matter how many times she falls, trips, bangs and bumps she always gets back up to do it again. Daniel is working today, the start of my first week back to work. We'll start to have alternating schedules and rarely see each other. I'll miss seeing him but I am sure the absence will make our hearts grow fonder. Isn't that what the old saying is? I hope it's true. As I said when I began this, life is good. We are all happy and I absolutely could not ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment