Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Its funny how things stick with you

And stick on you too! I just hope that all of it sticks with me or on me. Whatever. Today I went through Owen's clothes to pick out the ones that don't fit anymore. I've done it once before, but it was the preemie clothes. So, I was kind of glad to see those go. Today, eh, not so much. It's so bittersweet to see these tiny clothes that were once way too big not fit him anymore. He's not such a tiny babe anymore. He's growing, and rather fast at that! He is currently smiling at most everyone, especially any doctor that talks to him. There will come a day though, that he will scream at the site of anyone in a white lab coat and oh, how I dread those days. Owen is also full of saliva apparently because he's usually blowing bubbles if he's awake. He can turn from his back to each side but hasn't yet started to roll over completely purposely. He has also lost almost all of the hair he was born with. There was a sweet little patch of hair at the nape of every one of my newborns. It was always so soft and I loved to run my finger on it. I thought once or twice that I should probably cut Owen's off and save it but then thought that was an absurd idea. Who wants a newborn with a patch of hair whacked off? I thought I didn't but now I wish that I has saved that little piece because it is gone. He has a few long whispy pieces on top but I am sure they'll be gone soon too. My itsy bitsy baby is becoming a fat little chunk who's losing his hair! What is this world coming to?!

Evan had a doctor's appointment today. In three months he has grown half an inch. It occurred to me today that he'll be 12 next year. That's not a little kid age, is it? He'll be all tweeny and stuff. Yeah, that's sad too. I will miss my little boy when he becomes a big boy. He's getting there fast and I am savoring every moment with him. He still plays with his Legos and some of his toys; I love that. He thinks his little brother is the greatest and his sister is the devil. Such is life.

Azlynn is going to be a full fledged reader before I know it. She is working on sight words at school right now. They're simple ones like "or", "and", "the", etc. She is doing so well with sounding out words too. She'll be reading my kindle soon, I just know it! Azlynn is also very independent. She likes to do her own hair and clothes. And believe me, the girl has her OWN style. It's not my favorite thing but I try to respect her wishes. There are some days when I refuse for her to leave the house. It gets that bad. She is also becoming even more of a drama queen. When I make her really mad she tells me that "it's like you don't even love me!" If she only knew just how much I love her... One day I know she will.

No comments:

Post a Comment