Monday, May 16, 2011

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

We're getting ready for a huge change in our lives. This is a huge change in MY life and I have to admit that I am a bit scared. So much rides on the shoulders of a Mama- I tell ya! We've purchased a used mobile home. It needs some work, which we've already started on. We still have a lot left to do but we are making some headway. We need money, money, money to get it all done though! Our "home" sits just a little way away from my in-laws in a rural area a good way away from where I grew up. My own Mama is still only 20 minutes away from me but I will no longer be "in town" and that is definitely going to take some getting used to. Living in a mobile home is going to take some getting used to. Being beside my husband's parents is going to take some getting used to. But, and that's a big but, I am doing this for my children and for our future. My parents gave me the incredible gift of growing up in one house and going to the same school all of my life. I have always wanted to do the same thing for my children. So, here we are about to move...the kids will be going to a new school and making new friends. I am trying to make that part exciting for them and I hope my anxiety about it doesn't show. I want them to see the opportunity of new beginnings and not be a nervous Nelly like their Mama!
Our plan is to live in the mobile home for a couple of years, rent free. Did I mention that we paid cash for the thing? Yep, no rent! WooHoo! So, we'll live there for a couple of years and stash every extra penny we have for our house fund. I absolutely can not wait to build a house. I am antsy just thinking about it. We'll be living a cramped, trailer lifestyle but that's ok because we have dreams, baby!


Today is the last Monday of 5th grade for Evan, and kindergarten for Azlynn. My children are growing up so fast and it is sad for me. Quite often, I find myself just trying to get through the day, get to bedtime so I can rest. What I fail to realize is that these are the days that I am going to miss. I will miss tons of laundry and little handprints on the wall and an 11 year old crawling in my lap. I will miss the endless fighting between the older two and the whining of the baby. Just like Kenny Chesney says, I'm gonna miss this!

Owen is now crawling all over the living room and scooting backward. Azlynn had her baton recital this past weekend and did absolutely amazing. Girl is good! Evan has a project with PawPaw. They're gotten a kid size hotrod. Anytime we are there Evan sits in it from the time we arrive until I make him leave. I love his excitement.


That's all for now. The bus just got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment