Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sweet Boy

I have two of them but the specific one I speak of is my oldest. My word, he can be a pain in my coccyx! He likes to play "Opposite Day" on short notice and say 'no sir' to me when he should be saying 'yes ma'am'. He takes medicine to help him focus and the hour before his meds kick in, he literally bounces off the walls. He pees on the toilet seat and blames it on his sister. He uses entirely too much toilet paper. His socks can be found stuffed in the most random places. He claims to like healthy foods but the boy can inhale peanut butter crackers. I can hear him coming from a mile away because he wears several keychains on his belt loop, including a cute little Lego Santa. I hope he keeps that forever, by the way. This child can grind my nerves, but, BUT he has the biggest heart. Such a compassionate child. And he is a tremendous help to me. Never does he complain about helping me out. Ok, um, scratch that. He complains about taking out the trash, cleaning his room, having to be around his sister at all, homework (even though it's not technically for me), putting up his laundry. But if I ask him to help me out with his brother he happily obliges. And he has the best manners. He hasn't quite mastered the judgement on when to use them, but he's working on it. I just adore him. He'll be 11 years old in just over 2 weeks and my feelings are hurt! He'll be a pubescent, raging teenager before I know it. Lord, please allow me to savor these moments. Let them pass slowly. My little boy will be a little one no more next time I blink.

Evan, if you ever read this please know that I love you more than my own life. I would do anything and give anything for you. Your happiness and well being are the reason I am alive. It is because of you that I am who I am. You were the first to make me a Mama and for that I am thankful. I'd always wanted to be a Mama since I was just a tiny thing myself. I love you, son.

No comments:

Post a Comment